As the number of culinary tour companies grows, so does the demand for culinary tourist guides. There is a wide range of talent among culinary guides. Some guides have been professionally trained, while many others have not. Some guides have great personalities, but limited knowledge of the local culinary culture, which is a disservice to their customers. This certification is designed to train and then assess the visitor experience offered by culinary tourist guides, with the end goal of delivering a high-quality culinary tour with the highest chance of receiving the highest ratings from customers. The certification is suitable for culinary tourist guides of all types, including food tourist guides, wine tourist guides, beer tourist guides, distillery tourist guides, food/beverage manufacturing tourist guides and similar roles. You’ll have 30 calendar days from enrollment to complete the certification program.
- Overview of the Culinary Tourist Guide Profession
- What Makes Culinary Tours Special
- What Culinary Tourist Guides Do & Don’t Do
- 10 Characteristics of Successful Culinary Tourist Guides
- Meeting & Exceeding Customer Expectations
- Problem Solving on Culinary Tours
Applicant must be a member of a tourist guide organization that is a member of the European Federation of Tourist Guide Associations.
- Initial screening application
- Two training videos
- Comprehension test
- Comprehensive essay
- English language narration with closed caption English-language subtitles
- Downloadable “Certified Culinary Tourist Guide” certificate upon successful completion of the program
- Beautiful enamel pin to wear as you are guiding
- Total learning time should not normally exceed 3 hours